Friday, June 20, 2014

Getting the Elephant Off the Ground

Do I Look Like an Elephant?

River Run Gallery 
and Fun Art Studio

Opening up a new business is not for the faint of heart.  There are so many details, and every time I think I have a handle on it and am closing in on the end, the end moves and more details rear their elephant like head. 

Lease, paint, carpet, lights, shelving, signs, licenses, tax numbers, art hanging system, artists, forms for everything, tables, chairs, business cards, bags, email address, blog, website, calendar of events for July, business plan, are you getting the idea yet.

I'm ticking off detail after detail and we are on target to have the building turned over to us by July 1 and I have a tentative, wait I better put that in great big caps, TENTATIVE grand opening date of Wednesday, July 9 at 10 a.m. with an opening reception and meet the artists night that same night from 6 -8 p.m.

I have about a zillion glass shelves to clean.  I should be done sometime in 2015.  Just kidding.  But there's a lot of glass shelves to display some really great art beautifully.

Pencil us in for July 9, or you can use a brush.  (A little artist humor). 


 Scrapin and grinnin workers taking up the old floor.


Mike Russell, contractor and Bill Broberg, building owner talking about that new vanity.

The view from the back deck.  You'll probably see me painting there sometime.


Husband Jim givin y'all a big Hellooooo!

Check back in a few days to see what's going on with that list.

Leave a comment or share on facebook or pinterest and your name goes in the hat for one of my demonstration paintings I did while teaching a class.

You know you want one!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting. It means a lot to all of us here at River Run Gallery