Thursday, June 19, 2014

In The Beginning. . .

Ya Gotta Start Somewhere

And I'm starting right here, right now.  Welcome to the first post of the River Run Gallery blog.  Hopefully it will be a FUN experience for us all.  

I'll introduce new artists in the gallery here, have a calendar of events, painting tips and instruction and all things about art in Carrollton, KY and surrounding areas. 

We are not officially open so I will keep you up to date on the progress we make.  I do know there are lots of details that need to be taken care of and I'm trying to cross them off my list every day. 

  •  Licenses - check,
  •  paint and carpet selections - check, 
  •  new domain name purchased - check,
  • lighting purchased - check
  • logo - check
  • signage - check
  • art hanging system - check
  • floor plan layout - check
  • glass shelving purchased - check
  • new bank account - check
  • insurance - check
  • new email address - check
  • new website - check
  • new blog - check
You're starting to get the picture, right.  I would like to paint, but I still have lots of things to check off my list.


449 Main has seen a flurry of activity in the last few weeks and things are starting to shape up.  I bought a really nice wooded card rack on craigslist and it arrived today.  My basement is filling up with glass shelving and hardware and things I need to move to my new second floor studio.

You see that metal balcony?  Behind those doors will be where the magic takes place for me.  "I love magic".  

Leave me a comment and share this on facebook or pinterest and your name goes in the hat for my demonstration painting for my very first class, the sunflower painting.  It's a 20" x 16" acrylic on a stretched canvas I did as I taught the class.  

 
 The one I'll be giving away is the one on the easel.  I'll let Julie keep hers.  I'll be giving it away the week I open up, which right now I'm hoping for July 9.  Looking forward to y'all stopping in to see the new gallery and later that night coming to the opening reception.  This should be fun.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Sharon! What a nice addition to our downtown. I have always been curious about this building, do you happen to know the history?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cheri. I hope River Run Gallery will be a great addition to the downtown area and add one more place to help it become a day trip destination. I know some of the history of the building and it will make a great blog post in the near future. Please help me spread the good word about the gallery by sharing, liking, pinning, or any other type of social media help. Thanks again for your comment. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. It means a lot to all of us here at River Run Gallery