Thursday, August 7, 2014

Can You Paint Like A 5 Year Old

You Can Learn to Paint Too!

My 5 year old grandson Aidan spent the day with me in the gallery yesterday and of course he wanted to paint.  So, of course, we painted.
He didn't want to paint the cupcake I'll be teaching next week for my 5-9 year old class next week.
No cupcake for him.
He wanted to paint the rooster I have taught and will be teaching again soon.

We began by painting the barn wood behind the rooster.


After we got the first pass done on the barn wood, we started adding straw and then the second and third passes on the wood.  He really understood what his goal was and just how to do it.  
 
You can see his barn wood taking shape can't you.
Many of you have said you can't paint and I don't want to argue with you,
but,
just like Aidan, if you can listen and follow directions,
I think you will be surprised at your results.
Most, if not all of my students have been very happily surprised at their painting.

I always tell people this class is really fun because of those long tail feathers.
Aidan had a great time with his tail feathers as you can see.

Now, I have lots of classes coming up I'm sure you can do.

 or at the top of this page you can click on the Calendar of Classes page.

If you want to sign up for any classes,
you can comment on this blog and I'll get back to you,

You can email me at slgraves6@gmail.com 
and I'll get back to you.

You can phone me at 502-523-0663 
and I'll get you all signed up or I'll get back to you.

This is especially fun if you come with your posse' of friends and family,
or as they say in the commercial, your framily.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting. It means a lot to all of us here at River Run Gallery