Saturday, February 14, 2015

Creativity Is In Each of Us.

The Importance of Creativity

Creativity is at the heart of everyone. 

I really learned this last May as I spent almost a month traveling around rural Ohio campaigning for my son in law.  My grandson and I would go out every day knocking on doors, leaving literature, door knockers, yard signs and I saw nearly every home had some type of welcoming decoration in their yard.  Even the very oldest and the poorest had some form of mailbox decoration, potted plants by the walkway, a wreath on the door, to some very elaborate decorations.

It was amazing to me the way people have a need to say:
"I'm Here"
"I'm Different"
"I'm Special"
"Look what I created"

Artists are like that to the tenth power.
We can't seem to stop creating.  I know I can't.
I think about what I want to paint, how I want it to look, how can I get it there, how can I accomplish it???????
 
Then I start to think about the classes I teach.
What can we paint, what can I teach, how can I break this down, what will be hard for my students, how can I make it easier????? 

Below are some of the paintings we've done in the gallery since we opened last July.
I hope many of you will enter at least one of your paintings in next months Benefit Art Show.
Who does it benefit you ask? (Hint: It doesn't benefit me or the gallery except for seeing all your fabulous artwork).
Great question!  Click HERE to read all about it.

 You can use your creativity to benefit animals in Carroll County.

 
Here are a few of the creative pieces from some talented artists currently in the gallery.
Yes, we even use creativity in things we purchase.  It says something about us.


Classes are forming every week and these represent just a few taught on different levels this month.  Even though you're in a class and everyone's painting the same painting, they all look different as each persons individual creativity comes out. 


Let our artists help the creative in you come out.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting. It means a lot to all of us here at River Run Gallery