Friday, February 20, 2015

Painting For Me

Painting For Me

I haven't painted something just because I wanted to paint it for quite a while.

I've worked a lot on paintings for classes here in the gallery,
but today, in the middle of a terrible snow event this week,
I thought I would paint something I wanted to learn something from.

I painted on Arches 12" x 9" 140 lb paper and used only a very few colors.

Very FEW!

I told you I used very few colors.
Dioxazine Purple,  Sap Green, Cad Yellow Med, Lime Green and Titanium white.
There's a little bit of Ultramarine blue in there too, but I could have done without it.

I like the color combination of purple and green,
so that's why I used these colors.

Several different layers and depths of field in this one giant blossom,
and that was one of the things I wanted to work on.   

My reference photo was taken on my deck and there was a blue and white striped chair behind the flower and it needed to go away.

   Any way,
I'm happy with it today.  
I needed to let that little bit of creativity out for today,
after all this cold, snow, blowing snow, and soon to be ice comes tonight.

Probably won't be opening the gallery tomorrow.

In fact,
I'm calling it right now.

River Run Gallery Fun Art Studio will not be open for business
Saturday, February 21, 2015.

2 comments:

  1. pretty! love to see your reference !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comment. I love that photo and all the shades of green.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. It means a lot to all of us here at River Run Gallery