Wednesday, January 7, 2015

30 in 30, and I'm not there.

WOW!
30 paintings in 30 days,
and I'm not in.

How and why did that happen?
I have participated in four 30 paintings in 30 days challenges,
hosted by Leslie Saeta,
but not this time.

You may be wondering why,
or you may not care.
You don't have to hear from me every day.

Well,
I participated in the 30 in 30 in September 2014 and I really struggled
because I opened River Run Gallery in July.

I was exhausted.

I know, there are those people who don't plan on doing all 30 paintings.
But I'm an over achiever and I d plan on it.
I demand it of myself.

  
 This is one of my favorites from the September challenge.

It was a breakthrough painting for me.
Not just for the motorcycle, but also for the buildings in the background.

In the last four challenges I have learned:
Organization
Time management
Planning
Goal Setting and accomplishing
How to work fast,
How to "see" a painting before it's a painting.
How to let other things go to meet a goal.
How to prepare to succeed.

As you can see, I've learned a lot
and I also learned when I've bitten off more than I could chew,
When to say no,
When to relax,
When to admit I have limitations.

Those lessons are hard to learn, but I needed to learn them, again.   

Click here to Leslie Saeta's blog.
She hosts the challenge and there are over 1,000 artists world wide participating. 

Thanks for always encouraging me.

Maybe next time I'll join in the fun. 
 

4 comments:

  1. I will miss your presence, Sharon, but there are so many artists anymore it is hard to get the time to really meet new artists. Do you remember when we first did it how exciting it was to discover them all?
    Your list has all the things I agree with but the single most important thing for me for doing it has to be having a FOCUS
    .I need to be disciplined about the focus after something like Christmas when all routines disappear. Difficult, yes, but it gets me back on track.

    Thrilled to have won the painting. I am going to link it on my post.
    Thank you so much..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right Julie. When I participated that first year I met so many wonderful artists, you included and I improved so much. You're also right about focus and I think that's one reason I didn't do it this time. I felt like I focused too much on my work and not enough on the artists I represent in River Run Gallery. Thank you so much for your comment. I always appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are truly missed, Sharon, but I see you are up to so much good, you must carry on as you are, knowing you will be welcomed back when you are ready!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Meredith. I truly miss it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. It means a lot to all of us here at River Run Gallery