Saturday, January 24, 2015

Lunch and Learning Flowers

FREE
Lunch and Learn - Flowers
Today was a fun lunch and learn.

I did a demonstration on painting different types of flowers.

I painted on two different types of paper.


I painted on both of these types of paper.
The paper on the left is very smooth and the paper on the right is really canvas paper.
Both are good for acrylic painting and I taped both of them to a masonite board to paint.
The smooth paper sort of warps when it gets a lot of paint on it, but once it dries it lies flat.

The canvas paper really feels much more like canvas than paper and has a very heavy tooth.
It's rough and takes a lot of paint.
It takes some getting used to to paint on,  but it's very interesting to work with.
When your finished, is moves and feels like fabric, not paper. 

This is the smoother acylic paper.  

I showed two ladies how to paint these flowers.

Next I showed them how to paint some iris.
This is painted on the canvas paper.
It completely feels and acts like canvas.

These are the two ladies who came to lunch and learn today.  Nancy, on the right, went home with the small painting I used as reference for the one I showed them. and Darcel went home with one of my calendars from my 30 paintings in 30 days I did last September of "Scenes From My Front Door".

Lunch and Learn is every Friday at noon
and it's
FREE!

FREE art lessons every Friday.
Next week I'll be teaching you how to frame a painting. 

Hope to see you then! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting. It means a lot to all of us here at River Run Gallery