Wednesday, July 2, 2014

We Have Lift Off

Let the Fun Begin

So, today Bill Broberg, the owner of the building, turned it over to me,
and we began moving stuff in about 20 minutes later.

River Run Gallery and
Fun Art Studio
should open for business in a little over a week.

Track lighting goes in tomorrow, (Wednesday)
Art Hanging system is supposed to be delivered Thursday and will go up as soon as it gets here.
I'll start cleaning all that glass shelving and glass cubes tomorrow I was able to find.
Artists are signing up to join the gallery
and students are signing up to take classes.

Over a year ago I started thinking about this adventure.
It started as a thought, then a doodle, then a few ideas,
then a business plan started showing up in my thoughts.
How can I make this work?

I kept looking at this small little shop on Main St., in Carrollton, KY.
It was empty and had been empty for a while,
but,
there was no for rent sign and I didn't know who owned the building.
I actually did know who owned it,
but I didn't know I knew.

An interesting senior lady in Carrollton, Mary Broberg owned it.
She was a sweet fun loving lady with a twinkle in her eye.
Unfortunately, 
she passed away in February of this year.
Then it passed to her son Bill and his lovely wife Maria.

She was herself an artist, a potter.
I've seen her work, it has lasted for over 50 years and is very good.  
She taught art and I hope she would be proud of how her building is being used today.

The building has been in her family almost since it was built,
around the beginning of the 20th century.  

It has charm, and beauty and character,
just like her.

And now,

it has new life.


Look at all that beauty in that small package.

Please join me for a ribbon cutting, Wednesday, July 9 at noon,
and for a grand opening reception Thursday, July 10, 6-8 p.m.

Our first event will be Friday, July 11, at noon.
I'll host a lunch and learn where you can bring your brown bag lunch and sit
and watch an art demo while you eat.  

I'll have this the second Friday of every month at noon
and it's free.

Let's have lunch.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting. It means a lot to all of us here at River Run Gallery