Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Fixing A Goof

I Goofed and I Think I Know How To Fix It.

Thanks to Julie Ford Oliver.

I follow a lot of artists online, which is a blessing with current day technology.

Julie Ford Oliver is one of them and she is an
 incredibly talented and giving artist.  
Not only does she do beautiful inspiring work,
but she teaches so freely on her blog which you can find at http://juliefordoliver.blogspot.com/

Recently I was teaching/helping a student paint a Christmas gift for her husband of a Massey Ferguson tractor.  We were going along swimmingly, until it came to getting the perspective of the roof of the tractor.  It just wasn't right.  So we did what any self respecting artist does, and we avoided that part of the painting until something came to us.
Well it did come to me.  

I woke up one morning after the first session, but before the second session and remembered what I had learned on Julie Ford Oliver's blog that I thought was so clever.
She said when you come to something you're not quite happy with, take a piece of glass, like out of a frame and put it over the painting and paint the correction on the glass.  Then you can see if it works or not.  Then remove the glass and make the change on the actual painting.  It worked like a charm.

I didn't take any photos while we were experimenting, (like a goof ball),
but here is the finished product.

  See that roof of the tractor.  It was off a very small amount, but it was enough to ruin the painting if we didn't get it right.  But, thanks to Julie and her sharing, we were able to successfully complete this painting and she gave it to her husband for a very personal Christmas gift.  

Thanks Julie!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for commenting. It means a lot to all of us here at River Run Gallery