Saturday, December 27, 2014

The Gift of Art

The Gift of Art
How Cool is That?

Giving the gift of art has been a fun process in the gallery this season.

This commission is of a local barn on Mound Hill. 

I'm hoping the current owner is as happy with it as his daughter was.  


Then I had a lady call me about private art lessons where she 
could learn to paint her husbands tractor. 

She sent me some photos of a tractor very similar to his 
and away we went.

 Here's Trixie working on her painting.

 Deep in concentration.

Here she is with her finished painting.

Trixie and I painted the engine of this tractor by looking at just the shape 
of the parts, trying to get a color and value and not too much detail.


Each of these paintings were done because both women loved 
the men who loved farming.
The barn was for a dad and the tractor was for a husband.
Both women were very excited to give these works of art as gifts.

I think both women enjoyed the creative process,
(more on that in another post).

I am so grateful to be a part of the creative gift giving in the gallery this year.

Thanks for stopping in today. 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting. It means a lot to all of us here at River Run Gallery