Friday, December 19, 2014

The Creative Process

The Creative Process

is so interesting and fun.

I paint because I love creating things.
I've always enjoyed the creative process.
Getting an idea,
  figuring out how to accomplish it,
and seeing it through to completion.

Today in the gallery I had a chance to practice.
I was not trying to complete a saleable painting,
I was just practicing and trying to learn.

  I've seen lots of beautiful painted gift boxes this year and I especially
 have admired those big beautiful bows.

This was a practice trying to get the perspective of the box 
and the great big bow.

I chose these colors from the color wheel.  The red and green was for Christmas,
but the orange and purple are colors equal distance from the red on the wheel.

Next lesson,


I wanted to move on to spring.
It's cold here and I was thinking flowers, so I did a progression of an iris painting
I worked on today.

I love iris and we raise a lot of them, and I have lots of photos of iris we grow.

These are some of the bearded iris we grow.  
I had several breakthroughs while doing this painting.  
Getting those petals to turn and ruffle is hard,
but I did learn a lot today working on this.

 The painting started here with this background,

And ended here.

Both these paintings are on practice supports and are not for sale,
but now that I've had what I consider to be a significant breakthrough,
I'm sure there will be more of these.

Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting. It means a lot to all of us here at River Run Gallery