Monday, September 1, 2014

Day 1 September 2014 30 paintings in 30 days challenge

It's too early in the challenge to be frustrated.
And yet I am.

I am happy with the painting in person,
but not with the photograph.

I will have to go re-evaluate it and correct the shadow underneath the balcony
or re-photograph it.

Any way,
Day 1 found me painting outside River Run Gallery
on the sidewalk across the street.

Jim took some photos of me painting, but I have a sour look on my face
so, you're not seeing them.
Hope I don't look like that all the time when I'm painting.

I love the front of the gallery, especially the balcony,
even if it is only nine feet wide.

  Day 1 River Run Gallery
This is my new gallery.
It's in a building that is probably 100 years old.
It's nine feet wide and about 53 feet long.
The upstairs balcony looks out of my private studio
and down unto the street.
I'm sure I'll be painting more scenes from that room.

I can almost see how an artist at the turn of the century would have lived up there,
with a little place to prepare some food and a small bed to sleep in.
Paint a while,
fix a little something to eat,
take a little nap,
start all over again.
8" x 8" NFS 

5 comments:

  1. Love the front of the gallery and the colors look so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Karen. I hope it becomes a fun place to a lot of people.

      Delete
  2. Really like the green Sharon--what a cute gallery! Great first day, but I hear you. Back to the easel already....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It is a really neat space and it spoke to me for over a year before I acted on it.

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for the invite. I sent you my email. How fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. It means a lot to all of us here at River Run Gallery