Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Day 16 - Barred

Day 16 Barred

Carrollton, KY  is an old river town.

And todays painting shows some of our historical buildings.

 This is an old stone jail and is on the courthouse lawn.
This jail was used up until the late 60's early 70's.
The main street office is upstairs near that overhang.
You can go into the jail and see all the cells.  It has a pot belly
stove in the middle that heats all four cells. 

The windows are skinny openings in the stone.
They have glass in them now, but I'm not sure they always did.

This is not the best photograph and I'll get another one tomorrow,
but I wanted to get it on my blog and Leslie Saeta's blog.
Leslie is the crazed artist who dreamed up the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge.
I must be just as crazed, cause this is the fourth time I've participated.

Thanks for stopping in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting. It means a lot to all of us here at River Run Gallery