Sunday, September 7, 2014

Day 7 - Complimentary

Day 7 - Complimentary

8" x 8" acrylic on a panel
$95 + $6 shipping

Fall colors are so beautiful!
And one of the reasons is, they are complements.
They are opposite on the color wheel and so they work together,
and they work together.

They work together because the eye loves complements, even though we seldom realize it.
They also work together when you mix them together.
How did I make that shadow on that blue background.
I added the complement, orange.

The flowers are from our jeweler, Mary Ebert's opening last night
as our artist of the month.

The white vase was a gift with flowers from a dear friend, Joan when I opened River Run Gallery,
the other vases I recently purchased at a local auction.
I loved their size and shape and feel,
and they are complements.
Complements are complimentary.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting. It means a lot to all of us here at River Run Gallery