Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Day 24 - Dinner At Grandmas

Day 24 - Dinner At Grandmas

Day 24 - Dinner At Grandmas

Holds a special place in my heart.
This is my plate from my Grandma Kirk's Sunday dishes.
You know the kind, only the adults get to eat off of.

When my mom died she had four of these plates.
One was cracked beyond repair,
and the other three went to my brother, my sister and me.

I have spent hours and hours looking in antique malls, shops, yard sales, second hand stores looking for more of these plates, but have never found a single piece.
I'm sure they were not expensive as they were not wealthy.
But I've never found any of them.

The color is not right in this painting on the flowers.
I struggled trying to get the flowers on here, that once I did I didn't worry about the color.

I'm sure I will paint this again and then I'm sure I'll get the flowers the right color and more like what they should look like.
But, I am very happy with this piece.

Dinner At Grandmas
8" x 8" acrylic on a panel
$95 + $6 shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting. It means a lot to all of us here at River Run Gallery