Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Day 23 - Tent City

Day 23 - Tent City

8" x 8" acrylic on a panel
$95 + $6 shipping


For over 60 years Carrollton, KY., once the king of the burley tobacco market, has had a tobacco festival.  Tobacco farming has changed dramatically in the last 10 years, but the festival goes on. You don't need much of a reason to put on a good festival.

There will be rides, fried everything, raffles,giveaways, and lots of items for sale.  Many will be hand made things and  people will wander around looking at everything.  There is free entertainment every night and in the two tents I painted, there were the pageants.

They sit opposite the door of my gallery and have beckoned me to paint them.  So here they are. Keeping with my theme, Scenes From My Front Door, the tent city is being built all around me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting. It means a lot to all of us here at River Run Gallery